Friday, June 14, 2019

Who Am I?

In the past couple days, I have been asking myself "Who Am I?".  I've been listening to the audiobook Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis and before you critique my choice in books, it was shared with me by a colleague and friend.  I have a deep connection with the author.  I see her reasoning, I hear her purpose and I am guided to question myself as to what lies I have told myself.  So in reflecting on what I had read I have challenged myself to write something on my blog each day for the next thirty days.  Some of these posts may be long, some may be rather short.  Some may expose things about me that you didn't know and some things that I wish no one did.

As I began thinking, what do I tell the world, what do I have to share with the people that are closest to me as well as with complete strangers, I felt a strong desire to write about who I am.  Sure many of you know me as Laura Lee Copeland.  Some of you know me as a Sanwald and some as a Copeland.  Some of you know me as Miss Sanwald, Mrs. Copeland or Mama Copeland because you have seen me in the classroom or I have been blessed to have taught you or a loved one.  Some are related to me.  Some know the me that I allow them to know, but there are walls.  There are things that I don't share with anyone.  Sometimes the barriers even hide the information from me until I manage to recall it days, months, maybe even years later.  You see, I'm more than all of those things.  I have titles sure, but I have words that describe me as well.  So over the next thirty days I will write about each of these things that define me.  

Thank you all for walking with me on my journey!  Much love!

1 comment: