Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Patience for the right time

I have always know that God would put the right things in place in his time, but learning patience has always been a struggle for me.  

I graduated Lebanon High School with the plan of attending SBU just like my mom and grandma had.  I planned on teaching.  I figured that even though I hadn't dated in high school, during college I would surely find the man of my dreams and we would get married.  That never happened.  

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  When I lost my mom during my junior year, I didn't know what I would do.  Somedays I still don't.  She was my rock, my best friend, and my biggest suppporter.  I still planned on teaching, but mom had wanted me to continue and get a minor in computer science so I did which added an extra year to my stay at SBU.  This gave me time to grow and to create some very worthwhile relationships.  I student taught the final semester at SBU and was offered a teaching contract at Buffalo High School.  I was so excited.  I loved being a Bison.  

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  A week before I was supposed to graduate, I met a man.  Little did I know that man would later become the love of my life and we would get married just a year later.  I should have known when my sister told me the morning of graduation she was pregnant with my nephew and that he could be in my wedding.  That was the day of my first date with Bill.  We've barely been seperated since.

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  Bill wanted to stay on his family's farm and milk so I left my job at Buffalo High School to begin a new job in Steelville.  When Bill and I began our journey as a married couple, neither one of us could have imagined the length of the journey or the bumps in the road.  When we were first married we both believed we would live in St. James and continue milking.  

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  We moved to Salem and I continued teaching in Steelville.  I loved my job and the people I worked with. 

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  So, I started teaching at a K-8 school outside Salem.  We thought that was the plan.  It was just a few miles from our house and we thought we would be there forever.  Bill was running a great business although he was having to stay away from home quite often.  

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  I left my job at the K-8 school realizing I was NOT cut out to teach middle schoolers.  (I still haven't gotten all my hair back!)  I called Buffalo to see if there were any job openings.  Luckily there was a math position.  I interviewed the next week and got the job.  

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  Less than a week before school was supposed to start we found a house to rent in Buffalo.  It was close to the school and I knew it would be perfect.  Little did I know there was going to be a big change in our lives that year.  On my little brother birthday, we found out we were pregnant.  Bill started working closer to home and was working for an older couple when they offered us a place to rent on their farm.  

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  During the move, I went into labor 3 months early.  I spent over 4 weeks in perinatal ICU before being allowed to come home on strict bedrest.  Our beautiful bouncing baby boy was born on July 1st.  He became the center of our world.  We had to move from the house we were living in when black mold was discovered under the bathroom.  I didn't want our little man to get sick although he did develop asthma which I blame on the mold.  

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  We moved to Lebanon with my aunt.  She was caring for my grandma and we thought this would be a good situation for all of us.  We would help with her house and with grandma.  Grandma passed away on May 23, 2011. 

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  My aunt wanted to move home so Bill and I moved to live with my dad.  In the end this was a good situation as dad had a heart attack in February 2012.  We were there to help him.  We thought we were in the right place.  

Life got in the way.  God had a plan.  Traveling to Pittsburg last November to help a friend by shutting off her water for the winter at her lake house, we saw a house that we looked up online.  It was a different style house and that was where we left it.  Bill went back to the lake in April to turn my friends water back on and noticed the owners had put the house up for sale.  We thought what the heck let's take a look.  We both fell in love at first sight.  It was everything we had wanted for years and more.  So we bought the house.  

God has had a plan for us since we got married.  Since before we knew each other.  We would end up in this place.  I just pray for his continued guidance and plan.  I hope that I can always follow his desires for my heart and life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment